Application Security Primer Course
A short-form course designed to meet compliance needs after a comprehensive course is attended.
- 1 day
Secure Ideas’ Application Security Primer is a lecture-based short-form course covering the foundations of application security. This course walks students through the OWASP® Top 10 and related defenses. Students will be able to explain the various vulnerabilities and what they mean to an application security program.
The following serves as a tenative agenda for this class. The class is regularly updated to incorporate the latest information on modern web application concepts and attacks.
- A1 - Injection
- A2 - Broken Authentication
- A3 - Sensitive Data Exposure
- A4 - External XML Entities (XXE)
- A5 - Access Control Flaws
- A6 - Security Misconfiguration
- A7 - Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- A8 - Insecure Deserialization
- A9 - Using Components with Known Vulnerabilities
- A10 - Insufficient Logging and Monitoring
- Course Check Test
Students attending this class should, at a minimum, have familiarity with the following concepts:
- How the web works
up to 30 students
- Best for Corporate Training
- Recorded for convenience
- Course check for compliance testing